Dr. Brian Golden is Board-Certified in Urology. After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Washington (Seattle), he attended the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine. He then completed two years of general surgery and four years of urology residency at the University of Colorado Health Science Center in Denver. He subsequently completed the high-volume clinical fellowship in laparoscopic and robotic surgery with Urology San Antonio in Texas. This extensive training and subsequent surgical experience have enabled Dr. Golden to provide hundreds of patients with high-quality surgery with decreased pain and recovery time. Robotic prostatectomy, robotic partial nephrectomy, as well as standard laparoscopic kidney and adrenal surgery are all within Dr. Golden's area of particular expertise.
No-Needle No-Scalpel Vasectomy, the least invasive type of male sterilization, is another area of Dr.Golden's special expertise. Anyone considering having a vasectomy should read the FAQ on VasectomyLV.com.
Dr. Golden has received consecutive "Patients' Choice Awards" for providing quality urologic care in 2008, 2009, and 2010. In recognition of "exceptionally high praise" from patients, this award is granted to the top 5% of all physicians. To read some of the patient reports that led to these awards, please click the links on this site's Feedback Page.
Dr. Golden is a member of multiple professional organizations, including the American Urological Association (AUA), Western Section of the AUA, the Endourological Society, and the American Association of Clinical Urologists (AACU).
Dr. Golden sees patients at the following offices:
- RAS Urology, Sacramento Office
- Da Vinci robotic cases are performed at either Mercy General or Sutter General.
Detailed Educational Background
|9/06 - 8/07||Clinical Fellow in minimally invasive urologic surgery (laparoscopy and daVinci robotics) Urology San Antonio (San Antonio, TX)|
|7/00 - 6/06||Urology Residency (2 yrs general surgery, 4 yrs urology)
University of Colorado Health Science Center(Denver, CO)
|February 2004||Visiting Resident Scholar, Bin Dan Hospital (urology referral center, southern Vietnam). Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Funded by grants from International Volunteers in Urology & Yamanouchi|
5/97 - 6/97
Intensive Spanish language program, Centro Panamericano de Idiomas (Monteverde & San Jose, Costa Rica)
|8/96 - 6/00||
Medical School, University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) (San Francisco, CA)
|1986 – 1991||
BA in Political Science (magna cum laude), University of Washington (Seattle, WA)
Credentials & Recent CME Courses
- Diplomate of the American Board of Urology (Board Certification)
- State Medical Licensure: California, Nevada, Texas, Kansas
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery: Applications in Urology - Sponsored by Covidien and CiniMed (12/2009)
- Intuitive Surgical daVinci Console Training Course: “Robot University” Houston, TX (10/2006)
- Medtronic Interstim Physician Training Program
- American Urologic Association Abdominal Ultrasound Level 2 certification (5/08)
- AUA Annual Board Review Course, Dallas, TX (7/20-23, 2006)
- Urological Prosthetic Surgery Course, Sponsored by American Medical Systems, San Francisco, CA